Good News Christian Reformed Church has been part of the east end of London, Ontario since 1989. Through God's gracious help and guidance, we hope to share the good news of God’s amazing love for everyone.
Our Sunday morning worship service at 10:30 a.m. is central to the life of Good News Church. Every Sunday we sing God's praises and we hear His Word explained. We bring our thanks and our petitions to God in prayer. These weekly gatherings encourage and equip us for another week of service to God.
We value honesty, artfulness, and unity in our worship service. We strive to worship God with our best, but know that things don't always go as we expect them to, and that's okay. Our congregational singing is a blend of contemporary and traditional styles. Alongside prayer, song, and active listening, participatory activities and visual art are valued here. On Sunday mornings we love to sing, listen, see, and learn together of God's grace to us.
- We believe the Bible is the written Word of God, inspired by the Holy Spirit. The Bible is the revelation of God's truth and is infallible and authoritative in all matters of faith and practice.
- We believe in the Holy Trinity. There is one God, who exists eternally in three persons: the Father, the Son, and the Holy Spirit.
- We believe that all are sinners and totally unable to save themselves from God's displeasure, except by His mercy.
- We believe that salvation is by grace alone - a gift we receive from God in and through Jesus Christ.
- We believe that Jesus Christ is the eternal Son of God, who through His perfect life and sacrificial death atoned for the sins of all who will trust in Him alone for salvation.
- We believe God is gracious and faithful to His people not simply as individuals, but as families in successive generations, according to His Covenant promises.
- We believe that the Holy Spirit lives in God's people and gives them the wisdom and strength to trust Christ and follow Him.
- We believe that all aspects of our lives are to be lived to the glory of God, under the lordship of Jesus Christ.
The Pastor and leadership here at Good News Church are people who love, care and pray for every single person in the church. If you have any questions for any of our leadership, feel free to reach out and email them or call our church office to speak with them. You can contact the church office at firstname.lastname@example.org or 519.659.8278.
Pastor Willemina Zwart has been pastor at Good News CRC since February, 2011. She is married to Kelly Sibthorpe, her partner in life and ministry. She received her M.Div. at Regent College in Vancouver, BC.
Some of her joys include doing life with Kelly, walking her spunky dog, Lucy, deep conversations with friends, singing harmony in worship, and her granddaughter, Stella.
She is passionate about healthy churches, personal transformation and the practice of celebration. She loves living in the Argyle community of East London. Strathroy was her hometown growing up,
but she’s also lived in Michigan, Western Pennsylvania, New Jersey, and Vancouver.
Christie holds office hours on Fridays, from 9-3. She coordinates things like church rentals, weekly bulletins and announcements, and website upkeep. Contact her at email@example.com with any requests or questions about Good News Church.